Coach EJ’s Blog
EJ’s Training – Week of 8/18- 8/23
- This AM I was feeling really tired. Just for a frame of reference, I try to squeeze my WODs in between AM classes. So I moved through everything within 1.5 hours – could probably have afforded myself a little more rest.
*Tried to stay calm with the UB pull up set at 25.
rest 2 min. between sets
*Feel like I may have lost a toenail or two!! I have no idea how I used to enjoy running half marathons. Tried to run pose and focused on cadence. No clue how to gage 85%/90%, but I felt that I did a reasonable job at trying to stay consistent. Probably the longest run I’ve done all year.
EJ’s Training – Week of 8/11- 8/15
- A. squat snatch build to a max
65-75-95-105-115-120F-120 – slowly but surely getting more confident.
- B. 5 sets of:1 1/4 front squat; 3×5; rest 2 min
120-120-125-125-125 * this was tough. hip was feeling a little tight.
- C. 20 muscle ups for time
9:56 * All time PR..Thank goodness!! I still have to master the art of stringing together MUs. My transitions felt better.
- d. 3 x 20 ghd situps
Had a blast with the photoshoot for lulu…Coach Dan took a little bit to warm up to the poses, but what you didn’t see were all the handstands, MUs and handstand attempts on the rings he did.
6rds for time
21:11 – pass the barf bag.
- 185 x 5
- 225 x 3
- 265 x 1
- 290 x 1 *ALL TIME PR
I’ve struggled with the deadlift since I’ve started CF 4 years ago. Always had that halloween cat back and I plateaued my DL in December, so this is courtesy of Coach Dan’s magical plan
Diane 8/13/14 – 4:30 PR
- 8/8/12 11:20
- 1/15/13 12:43
- 12/18/13 5:09
- 8/13/14 – 4:30
- Broke up the DLs in round 15 to 5 and 5..
- HSPUs were unbroken at 21 – I definitely felt the aerobic nature of the workout versus strength
- A. power clean build to a max;then 2 every 30 seconds for 6 min
worked up to 145# – this was ugly; need to retweak my technique; Must drop under the bar and stop thrusting into the air!; 115# for the Every 30s
- 21-15-9 workout from the games but instead of bar muscle ups chest 2 bars
18:42 – this makes me laugh because it’s amazing how incredibly awesome Games athletes are. The cleans and deadlifts were no issue but a 115# snatch is 90% of my max, so I spent a good amount of time trying to psych myself up to go for it. It took a bit, which is why my time is so gross..woops. Wasn’t feeling very strong today.