Empire State CrossFit Masters Team Competition
Masters Men and Women Age 40+
Saturday November 5, 2016
Empire State CrossFit is coming at you with our Fourth Annual WODFather Competition. Double the fun this year as we spice things up and are going team!
Each TEAM will consist of either 2 women or 2 men.
*You must be 40 by the date of the competition
$250 Entry Fee per Team
Each team is guaranteed 3 workouts and a t-shirt, with the top 5 teams competing in a 4th WOD to be the Fittest Masters Team. Prizes will be awarded for the top 3 Teams of each division.
Cash and Prizes
- Mens/Womens 40-44
- Mens/Womens 45-49
- Mens/Womens 50-54
- Mens/Womens 55+
*Partners may be in different age brackets, but the team will compete in the division of the younger partner. (i.e. John is 50 and Steve is 44. Team will compete in the 40-44 Division)
Below is a tentative timeline of events:
- WOD 1 first Heat will start at 9am
- WOD 2 first heat will start at 10:30am
- WOD 3 first heat will start at 12:00pm
- Final WOD – Top 4 teams 3:00pm
Please arrive early to stretch and warm up and to ask any questions regarding the work outs.
These are general standards of performance and not necessarily an indication of the exact movements to be performed.
WODS – Standards
Standards and Videos for each WOD will be posted below. If you have questions that have not been addressed, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WOD #1 “Clean it Up”
6 min AHAP (As Heavy as Possible) most weight moved of this complex
1 power clean + 1 hang squat clean + 1 jerk
*1 barbell. One person working at a time. You will be scored based on the 2 heaviest lifts per person of this complex
Points will be awarded based on the 2 heaviest lifts per person on this complex. The athlete will have a choice of weight for the workout
- The women will use 35 lb bars and men will use 45 lb bars.
- The bar will begin on the ground.
- Bouncing the bar off the ground between cleans is not permitted.
- Power clean can be performed as a muscle cleans, standard power cleans and split cleans. You cannot break parallel when receiving the bar.
- Hang squat clean must be performed from anywhere above the knee. . You do not need to receive the bar. You may receive the bar then squat it below parallel.
- Shoulder to Overhead, you may Strict Press, Push Press,Push Jerk and Split Jerks are permitted. Feet must be brought together to finish the movement.
- The athlete may load the bar once the clock starts.
- The bar may not be put down in between reps. Movements must be done unbroken.
- All Women divisions will go first followed by all Men divisions.
- Every station will include a bar (45 lb/ 35 lb) and sets of 45s, 25s, 15s, one sets of 10s, a set of 5s and 2.5 lb plates (Total of 250#).
WOD #2 “Shake and Bake”
8 min. AMRAP – For max reps
Partner 1 rows for calories while Partner 2 does thrusters 95/65.
Switching every 1 min.
*Score is total # of calories and thrusters added together.
*50+ Thruster 75/55
- Women will use 35 lb bars with weights and men will use 45 lb bars with weights.
- You cannot touch the handle until the timer beeps
- This is a standard barbell thruster in which the barbell moves from the bottom of a front squat to full lockout overhead. The bar starts on the ground. The hip crease must clearly pass below the top of the knees in the bottom position. A full squat clean into the thruster is allowed if the bar is on the ground. Using a ball, box or other object to check for proper depth is not allowed.
- The athlete must show control of the bar in the overhead position with their head through the window and knees locked out.
- Rowing – The monitor must be set to zero at the beginning of the row. The athlete or the judge may reset the monitor.
- Rower Damper setting may be adjusted
- Rower monitor should not be touched after the workout starts.
WOD #3 “I Got 5 On It”
10 min. AMRAP
10 snatches 115/75
50+ Division 75/45 and regular pull-ups
*Work must be divided evenly so each partner does 5 reps. with only one partner working at a time
- The following pull-up styles are allowed: strict, kipping or butterfly.
- Regular/Kipping pull-ups are also allowed for all divisions, but any athletes who performs regular pull-ups will automatically be scored lower than ANY athlete who performs regular pull-ups.
- Any grip is appropriate. No bands or straps will be allowed. All pull-up bars, except the Spealer bars, will be taped.
- The barbell begins on the ground and must be lifted overhead in one smooth motion. Touch-and-go is permitted. No bouncing or dropping and catching the barbell on the rebound. Once dropped, the barbell must settle on the ground before the athlete begins the next repetition. No part of the body other than the feet may touch the ground during the repetition.
- The barbell must come to full lockout overhead with the hips, knees and arms fully extended, and the bar directly over the middle of the body. This is not a ground-to-overhead any way. A clean and jerk, where the bar is lifted to the shoulders and then lifted overhead is a “no rep.” A power snatch, muscle snatch, split snatch, or squat snatch is permitted, so long as all requirements are met
- The chest and thighs much touch the floor at the bottom of the burpee. At the top of the burpee, the athletes must have the hips, and knees fully extended. Shoulder behind hips at the top as well.
To be announced on November 5th. Be prepared for anything!
Sit tight! Prizes will be announced in the coming weeks!
First Prize- $400 + Free Entry next year
Second Prize- Swag Bag from Vayne Gear
Third Prize- Swag Bag from Vayne Gear
Facebook Event Page: Click HERE
E-mail List: Subscribe HERE
Parking is Limited!!!!
Empire State CrossFit is located at 615 5th Ave, Larchmont NY 10538
Please carpool if you can. Regardless of where you park, PLEASE READ THE POSTED PARKING SIGNS! You are responsible for your car.
We have some spots in our parking lot and in the building next door.
Parking is available a short walk away at the Larchmont Train Station.